Sunday, January 18, 2009

A (somewhat) brief aside...

I promise to continue my Korea posts...just need a random entry to vent and share some great news.

I called my mom today. We couldn't talk for very long because she was at the wedding reception of some family friends (Long and Angel) who just got married. It was great to hear her voice, of course :-), and it was wonderful to hear that so many friends were there to celebrate the beautiful event. But I would be lying if I said that part of me felt a little sad. Now don't get me wrong, I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to live and work in such an amazing country. And yet, I really wish I could have been sitting at the reception with these people that I love so much. Most of them I met through my big brother, Daniel. But over the years, they have become my friends, as well. The last 10 years have had many ups and downs, and this group of people has been with us through a lot of it. Man, even the word 'friends' doesn't even really do them justice. They are our family. And I'm so happy that two of them were able to perform such a beautiful event today.

Well, it's back to school tomorrow. I've only been back at my base school for 2 days, and it's been a little rough. Some of the kids are going through their "awkward-teen-angsty" phases. I just gotta put on my "genki" face and keep trying! That's part of the challenge in this job. I've survived 1 year. I'm not gonna let this get me down. I got this!

...p.s. So my enka neighbors decided to wake me up on Saturday with a live concert at 7:45 in morning! Now, that was a record! Even I'm a little impressed...well, now at least.

2 comments:

  1. write something, dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yawn yawn

    its your birthday

    you should blog!!

    ReplyDelete