Thursday, December 25, 2008

Must Improve!

So, if you've ever tried to keep in touch with me, you must know that I'm REALLY REALLY bad about keeping in touch with people. I really need to be better about keeping in contact with my friends and family. Honestly, I don't have a good enough excuse. But, hey, it's a new year and a new opportunity to try harder this year.

Last night, I had my base junior high school's bonenkai (sp?). (A bonenkai is a party celebrating the end of the year.) I haven't been back to my school for the past three months, so it was really nice to see all of my teachers. The 1st grade teachers (the equivalent of 7th grade in the States, and in other countries, I'm not exactly sure. Sorry!) Maeya-sensei was a definite highlight of the evening. Or rather his alter ego, Beer Man, was amazing! But I'm gonna try to get a picture of him from the school nurse. So I'll save that story for a future post.

And, alas, there was Nakai-sensei. If you read my previous blog, you will know how I feel about that beautiful man. For new readers, please allow me to give some brief background on this Osaka-Man. Nakai-sensei teaches social studies. He's fluent in English and will randomly plop down into the seat next to my desk and start up a big political discussion. Now, I feel obligated to say that he is also married and has three beautiful children. So, I'm quite content to just have my simple little crush. Anyway, at the nijikai (the second party, or the after-party) one of the teachers made me give the toast and then I started a big conversation with a teacher who never speaks to me. (That's a usual thing between teachers and ALTs.) After a little while, Nakai-sensei comes over to us and asks if he can cut in. And get this, he said that the other teacher was hogging me and he wanted the chance to speak with me. And that just about made me year! So, we had a nice chat about Obama and global politics. Then, we exchanged numbers because he'd like me to meet his family and teach his daughter some English.

Preview of next post:
*SNOW!
*KOREA!
*Aoyama-sensei dressed up as a yakuza (AKA Nezumi-Senpai)
*Maeya-sensei in a gold jumpsuit, hehe

3 comments:

  1. sad times, ne cel? i mean, KATAYAMA for petes sake, why why why?!

    i want a gold lame jumpsuit too (i dont even know if it was lame, but lame seems like a good work to chuck into this sentence)

    i have kelvin in one ear and new mark in the other one... and thus, have a headache. eeegad

    celeste! i cannot believe how much i have to do before we leave tomorrow... should i take my big suitcase? or the medium one? so many decisions to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY WORD VERIFICATION WAS `palin` !
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahahahahahahaha!!! :)

    is Nakai-sensei married? i.e. with bebe
    if so, eish.

    ReplyDelete